Uma Thurman, Madonna and Victoria Beckham are all reported to indulge in chocolate facials. Raw cacao (cocoa) powder is now considered one of the worlds most beneficial super foods emerging in our world today. It has four times more antioxidants than goji berries, ten times the antioxidant level of blueberries and thirty times the antioxidant level of green tea.
Of course you can eat or drink raw cacao powder, nibs or seeds but as your skin is the largest organ why not treat yourself to an authentic exclusive chocolate facial with raw cacao powder. A simply delightfully wicked alternative.
Your Chocolate Facial Therapy will start with a relaxing cleanse and tone to remove any makeup and dirt accumulated through the day, once your skin is clean we will leave you to relax in a darkened candle lit room whilst we make up the chocolate facial, all of our ingredients are fresh and individually made for each client.
Once we have made it, we then proceed to apply it thickly over the face, once applied we leave you to relax and to allow the chocolate to dry.
When you leave your face will feel refreshed, vitalised and nourished.
Question we get asked - Can we eat it? - Ummm no not really, it is very very strong as it is made directly from the bean, so if you like Plain chocolate (85%+) then you will be fine, other wise we really advise that you resist the urge ;)
Cacao translates as Food of the Gods, so if its good enough for them its certainly good enough for your skin!
More about raw cacao (cocoa):
- Cacao (Aztec) is from the theobroma species meaning food of the gods
so called for the goodness of its seeds. Mexicans named the pounded seed –
- Cacao (kah KOW) was discovered 2,000 years ago in the tropical rainforest’s
of the Americas
- The Aztecs and Mayans mixed ground cacao beans with various seasonings to
make a frothy drink. The beginning of hot chocolate
- It is significantly high in anti oxidants and nutrient rich.
- Cacao is the number one source of magnesium for any food. Magnesium is one
of the most deficient minerals in the modern world today. Its a great brain
food. It is also the number one mineral in the heart.
- Cacao has a high serotonin content which gives you the feeling of well
being. It can literally lift your mood.
- Raw cacao seeds and powder retain their nutritional and antioxidant
qualities whereas a chocolate bar loses some of its potency plus it generally
has sugar added
- Eat five or six cacao beans and you literally get a boost of energy for
hours along with a good dose of magnesium, your stress protector.
Chocolate facials are addictive so administer wisely. One per week is the recommended dosage.