Thai Hand and Foot Massage
What is Thai Hand & Foot Massage?
Thai Foot Massage is a message of the hands, legs and feet. At its core is the belief that there are
ten major energy lines running through the body from the top of the head to the soles of the feet.
The lines end in pressure points on the feet and these points are manipulated to remove blockages from the energy lines and so improve
the flow of natural energy around the body. The aim is to work not only on the body and mind but also the client’s spirit.
The routine is developed from traditional Thai Massage but also incorporates elements of Reflexology, Ayurvedic and Chinese medicines.
The client lies on the couch whilst the therapist works on the legs and then the feet. The major section of the massage is the foot section during which pressure points are stimulated and the joints and muscles are manipulated. The treatment ends with a hand massage that is similar, but shorter, to the foot massage.
· A release of tension in the muscles
· An improvement in joint mobility
· Improved circulation in the legs, hands and feet
· Stimulation of the lymphatic system which aids drainage of excess fluids and helps the removal of toxins
· A relief from stress symptoms such as mental fatigue and anxiety
· A feeling of relaxation and well being